The Nut Bowl League

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Making a Range Stick

At Mike's suggestion, I decided to make a range stick for my Blood Bowl set. I have always liked the 'old school' look of dowel range sticks.

The ranges in the game are 10cm, 10cm, 10cm, and 8cm.

I cut a 2mm diameter dowel to a length of 48cm, leaving 10cm as handle. The ranges are marked on the dowel with pencil.

mask

Scotch tape is used to mask each section during painting to ensure a clear demarcation.

mask2

Each painted section is painted in turn, with the previous painted section masked with tape.

i've got it...

A coat of spray varnish and it's ready to play. All done in under 30 minutes!

1 Comments:

  • I like it! A great idea, doing the bands in different colours.

    By Blogger fatgoblin, at 11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home